RERA - Registration of Builders and Developers
November 17, 2017
- Ensuring efficiency and transparency in the real estate sector; and
- Protecting consumer interest by promoting fair play in the sector;
The Real Estate Act envisages achieving the said objectives by:
- Establishing the Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA)for regulation and promotion of the real estate sector;
- Registration of the real estate project; and
- Ensuring sale of plot, apartment or building in an efficient and transparent manner and to protect the interest of consumers in the real estate sector;
- Establishing the Real Estate Appellate Tribunal (REAT).
Procedure for registration of Promoter
Whom does it apply to? -The Promoter means:
- A person who constructs building for the purpose of selling
- A person who develops land into a project for the purpose of selling
- Any development authority or public body
- An apex State level co-operative housing finance society and a primary co-operative housing society which constructs apartments or buildings for its members or allottees
- Any other person who acts himself as builder, contractor, developer, or claims to be acting as the holder of a power of attorney from the owner of land
- such other person who constructs any building or apartment for sale to general public.
Procedure for Registration:
- Log on to https://maharerait.mahaonline.gov.in
- Once Login through Promoter,First Create the Profile. [ 2 categories of registration If Individual, Proprietor/Proprietorship Firm, select Individual else Other than Individual]
- Basic details like name, address, contact no , email id of all promoters (all partner/directors etc) needs to be entered and photograph is to be uploaded
Past Experience Details:
- If promoter has launched the projects in last five years,then the promoter is required to fill past experience details.
- Where as Past project details means -Project name, project type, address, land area, number of building, number of apartments, total cost of project, CTS no, original proposed date of completion of project and actual completion date.
- All On -going project and new project details are required to entered
- Comprehensive details of project is required to be submitted like Project name, project type, proposed date of completion, revised date of completion, litigation details, Land details - CTS no, Area(total), Aggregate are of recreational open space, Total no of building and no of sanctioned as well as non sanctioned buildings, boundaries East, west, north and south wise, built -up -area as per approved and proposed FSI,
- Details Seprate Bank Account maintained for project u/s 4(2)(l)(D)
- For every project building and apartment details are required to be provided, for adding building under project, select project and click on add building. Before adding building, add Apartment details first and then form will be saved.
- Building details like Name, number of basement, number of plinth, number of podium, number of slab of super structure, number of stilts, number of open parking, and closed parking.
- Apartment type details carpet are, proposed number of apartments, number of apartments booked/sold/allotted.
Common Areas and Facilities:
- Details of All common areas and facilities , amenities , whether proposed or not and its percentage of completion are required to be provided.
- Common areas and facilities are: Internal Roads & Footpaths, Water supply, Sewerage, Storm Water Drains, Landscaping & Tree Planting, Street Lighting, Community Buildings, Treatment and Disposal of Sewage and Sullage Water, Solid Waste Management and Disposal, Water conservation, Rain harvesting, Energy management,Fire protection and Fire safety requirements, Electric meter room, substation, receiving station, aggregate area of recreational open space, open parking etc
- Total cost estimated as well as actual cost incurred for the development of project is required to be provided under separate heading for Land cost and Development/Construction cost.
- Land Cost would include cost towards
- Acquisition cost of Land or Development Rights, lease premium, lease rent, interest cost incurred or payable on Land cost and legal cost
- Amount of premium payable to obtain development rights, FSI etc
- Acquisition cost of TDR
- Amount payable to state Govt. or Central Govt or any authorities
- Land premium payable as per annual statement of rates(ASR) for redevelopment of land owned by public authorities
- A) Estimated cost of rehab building including site development and infrastructure for the same as certified by Engineer and Actual cost of construction of rehab building incurred as per books of accounts as verified by the Chartered Accountant
B)Cost towards clearance of land of all or any encumbrance including cost of removal/illegal occupants, cost for providing temporary transit accommodation or rent in lieu of Transit accommodation, overhead cost
C) cost of ASR linked premium, fees, charges and security deposit or maintenance deposit
- Development Cost/Cost of Construction would include cost towards
- Estimated cost of construction as certified by Engineer and Actual cost of construction incurred as per the books of accounts as verified by the Chartered Accountant
- On-site expenditure for development of enitre project excluding cost of construction as mentioned in 1
- Payment of Taxes, cess, fees, charges, premium, interest etc to statutory authority
- Principal sum and interest payable to Financial institutions, scheduled banks, non-banking financial institution (NBFC) on construction funding or money borrowed for construction
- PAN Card
- Copy of Legal title report
- Details of encumbrances
- Copy of Layout Approval and Building plan approval(IOD)
- Signed performa of allotment letter and agreement for sale
- Declaration i Form B
- Certificate of Architect (mandatory for only ongoing project)
- Certificate of Architect
- Certificates of Chartered Accountant(Form 3 and Form 5)
- Certificate of Engineer (mandatory for only ongoing project)
- Commencement certificate
Project Professional Details:
- Project professionals like Real Estate Agent, Contractor, Architect, Structural Engineer and others details required to be provided
- Percentage completion of each of the following activities required to be provided:
- Number of Basement and Plinth
- Number of Podium
- Stilt Floor
- Number of Slabs of Super Structure
- Internal walls, Internal Plaster, Floorings within Flats/Premises, Doors and Windows to each of the Flat/Premises
- Sanitary Fittings within the Flat/Premises, Electrical Fittings within the Flat/Premises
- Staircases, Lift wells and Lobbies at each Floor connecting Staircases and Lifts, Overhead and Underground Water Tanks
- The External plumbing and external plaster,elevation, completion of terrace with waterproofing of the Building/Wing
- Installation of lifts,water pumps, fire fighting and equipment as per CFO NOC, Electrical fittings to Common Areas, electro, mechanical equipment,compliance to conditions of environment/CRZ NOC, Finsihing to entrance lobby/s,plinth protection,paving of areas appurtenant to Building/Wing,Compound wall and all other requirements as may be required to obtain Occupancy/Completion Certificate
- Overall percentage of completion of the work done for the entire Building/wings